Tuesday, October 31, 2017 to Wednesday, November 01, 2017| 7:45 AM ~ 5:15 PM ET
The Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration is excited to announce the H-1B Strengthening Working Families Initiative (SWFI) Grantee Convening, which will take place Tuesday, October 1, 2017 – Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at the U.S. Department of Labor, Frances Perkins Building in Washington, DC. The SWFI grantee convening is designed to provide training and assistance to the SWFI grantees, awarded July 2016, to ensure success in the implementation and administration of the grant program. This convening will bring together SWFI grantees, national and regional Employment and Training Administration (ETA) staff, experienced technical assistance coaches, and subject matter experts with deep backgrounds in the programmatic issues the grantees are facing. Collectively, the participants will take advantage of comprehensive high-quality technical assistance, materials, presentations, shared learning experiences, and hands-on demonstrations to support the implementation and administration of the grant program.
SWFI Grantee Convening goals:
- Deliver programmatic technical assistance to support grantee efforts in recruiting, serving, training, and placing parents in need of training to secure better jobs;
- Deliver performance reporting technical assistance to grantees on ETA data requirements and how to effectively collect performance reporting data;
- Foster peer-to-peer knowledge exchange to share promising practices among grantees; and
- Share promising practices among grantees through peer-to-peer knowledge exchange.
Day 1: 7:45am – 5:15pm
Day 2: 7:45am – 3:30pm
A few important reminders:
- Grantees are invited to bring up to two grant representatives to the conference; one of whom should be a program manager or other representative responsible for the overall project management of the grant. Fiscal topics will NOT be covered at this convening.
- The conference will provide extensive opportunities to engage with fellow grantees. Please come ready to engage and share your ideas, challenges, and successes! Feel free to bring any outreach materials or resources to share with your SWFI grant colleagues.